Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dempsey's Liquor Store and Bloch Bro's Mail Pouch!



I unfortunately did not do anything over spring break, and unless anyone would like to see a picture of my basement or living room (or a car I helped fix up) my break was pretty uneventful. But, on tuesday of this week I went down to Waterloo, NY to visit a family friend. We went to Connie's Diner (which has excellent food if you ever want to get something to eat in Waterloo, its on the main road in town, and the food is consistently good as I've eaten there a few times over the past 3 years or so and its always been the same), then he showed us the house he grew up in. When he was bringing us back to our car, we passed a building that recently had an outer layer of brick torn off of it, and this is what was under that outer layer of brick:



He had already pulled away from the corner before I could tell him I wanted to take a picture of it, so I had him drive around the block so I could grab a few snapshots of it. I forgot my camera (which was a mistake, as there was some other stuff I wanted to take a picture of) and I had to rely on my phone to take these pictures, so sorry about the quality.

3 comments:

  1. If you google "Mail Pouch Tobacco," I bet you'd find lots of images of these ads. Seems like every other barn in America had tobacco advertising on it at one time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian,I belong to the Barnstormers. Go to Ohiiobarns.com you'llfind alot of interesting Mail Pouch barns and signs. This particular sign is ID as MPS32-50-01 and I, I think, improperly located on the site. I have gone to the Google map program and taken a trip up and down Virginia Ave and do not find this sign. Is there any chace tha tyou can tell me the intersection where this sign is located so I can correct it on the site.
    Thanks
    Dave Tower
    Snort@shentel.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I currently own the building that houses the Dempsey sign. 37 Virginia Street is the address and the corss street is W. Williams. Say hi when ya visit!! Casey McDonald

    ReplyDelete